"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kay-Elle Visa Trip

Went down to KL yesterday to get my UK visa done. It was actually a gamble considering a didn't get my UCAS letter yet. Took the Aeroline bus from Queensbay Mall at 8.30am. The bus going there was really slow. By the time I arrived it was almost 2pm and yet still no UCAS letter. Well there goes my hopes of applying for visa on that day itself.

Checked into Corus Hotel which is just opposite Wisma MCA (where the visa office is located) and more importantly just a 5 minute walk from KLCC. Next stop..you guessed it... KLCC!!!!

KLCC with the Petronas Twin Towers at the back


View of the park


Its been awhile since I last stepped there. Walk around for abit. Bought a fruit juice from Juiceworks. Bought something called Wake Me Up which was basically banana, strawberry and orange blended into smoothie. Not too bad.

Juiceworks!!


Wake Me Up!

Walked around for abit and saw something interesting... This is especially for u Renee, my teman gila Sesame Street.

Oscar the Grouch!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street!!
This one's for you Elmo!


Well fast forward to dinner time. Took the LRT to meet up with my grandaunt. On the way, University of Portsmouth KL office called me and informed me that my UCAS letter was here. Woohoo. Praise the lord. Me and my grandaunt and another one of her friends had Sio Tu Kia or suckling pig for dinner. It was really awesome and at a mere RM68.00, definitely a bargain. The restaurant was somewhere in Petaling Jaya.

Sio Tu Kia!!


After dinner, took the LRT back to hotel and it was an early night cap for me as I had to wake up early the next day.

Alarm woke me up at 6.30am and I checked out by 7.00am. Walked over to Wisma MCA and went to fourth floor. The first words that came out of my mouth was.... "Holy shit, you gotta be kidding me!!". It was barely 7.15 and there were like already 50+ people queuing up outside the visa office. Damn... Well anyway finished everything at about 2.00pm which is considered pretty good already.

Went with Liyan to Corus Hotel to get the 3.30pm Aeroline bus tickets to Penang. Then we went for a quick lunch at Burger King. God I really missed Burger King. Arrived back at the hotel about 3.15, just in time for the bus.

First thing I did when I went on the bus was try to sleep. But thanks to the movie that was being played on the bus and some uncle snoring so loudly beside me, sleep eluded me. After the rest stop, me and Liyan discovered the lounge which was so much more comfortable and quieter so we spent the rest of the journey sleeping there. Had subway for dinner which was given on the bus. How cool is that?

Arrived at Penang at about 7.40 which was a lot faster than the journey there. All in all, tiring journey but at least managed to get things done without much complications.

1 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

cant remember when was the last time i ate burger king.. lol =)